Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 779
One of the best ways to segment the interests of your current and prospective dental patients is through a survey. I’ll be back after the break to share 6 tips for creating surveys that people will actually complete. Stay tuned.
– I’m Colin Receveur, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Marketers have been using surveys for nearly a hundred years.
– They’re a proven method of learning what your audience wants.
– They’re also a proven way to know what you’re doing right, and wrong.
– Here are 6 tips for creating online surveys that patients will complete.
– Number 1: Incentivize patients if your state allows it.
– That could be a coupon, a free initial consultation, or a white paper on a particular dental problem.
– Surveys with incentives have 10-15 percent higher completion rates.
– Number 2: Decide exactly what you want the survey to tell you.
– Focus the survey for best results.
– Too broad an approach may get you too little data in too many areas.
– Number 3: Keep it short and sweet.
– Write brief, easy-to-understand questions in plain English.
– Keep the number of questions down for more completed surveys.
– Number 4: Make your survey mobile compatible.
– Test it across multiple smartphones and tablets to make sure it displays and functions properly.
– Avoid graphics or anything else that will slow survey loading.
– Number 5: Engage the audience.
– Add a progress bar, timer, or something else to spur survey completion.
– Consider adding encouraging or humorous statements at various points.
– And number 6: Add a “save and complete later” function.
– If a patient gets interrupted, he or she may not return to start the survey from the beginning.
– So decide on your incentive and what you specifically want to learn.
– Keep questions short and easy to understand.
– Make your survey mobile compatible.
– Engage your audience and allow them to save and complete later.
– Follow these 6 tips, and you’ll get more and better survey answers.
– The more information you can have about your patients’ wants and needs, the better.
– Dr. Michael Abernathy, Founder of Summit Practice Solutions, really likes SmartBox’s analytics for our dentists:
– “The metrics and analytics that they supply to find out where the patients came from – what they want, the types of offers that attract them … makes a huge difference because it’s different from area to area.”
– Join me for our next podcast episode.
– Until then, keep moving forward.