Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 231
Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast. Today is Wednesday, October 8, and today I’m going to tell you six mistakes dentists who aren’t my clients are making in their dental web marketing. Stay tuned.
– Since you are watching this podcast, you are already more savvy than 99 percent of the dentists out there.
– But no matter how savvy you are, you could still be making a few mistakes in your web marketing.
– In fact, unless you are already my client, you are almost certainly making at least one.
– You’re probably making several, in fact.
– Some of you are making all of them.
– I’ve covered all of them in one form or another in the last 230 podcasts.
– But I can only give you the information – I can’t make you implement it.
– So here they are:
– Number 1 and tops on the list: You are not tracking your marketing.
– How do you know if you are getting your money’s worth if you can’t identify which of your marketing channels is bringing in new patients and which are just eating your cash?
– You’ve got to have tracking numbers and use your Google analytics.
– 2. Assume you know what works.
– This piggybacks on number one.
– You know what proves whether something works or not?
– If you’re getting new patients, you want to KNOW why, not GUESS why, so you can do more of it and less of what isn’t working.
3. Throw out your message and see what sticks.
– This is when you send a direct mail piece promoting a $5,000 cosmetic procedure into the neighborhoods around your practice.
– If you have unlimited money, you can take this shotgun approach.
– But this is not going to generate a good return on investment.
– Smart marketing targets the right demographics for the right message.
– Number 4, not providing quality content.
– I’ve talked about this a million times.
– The best SEO marketing is done when you write real copy that benefits real people.
– Make sure your copy identifies your prospects’ problems and then shows how you are the best option for solving them.
– 5. Don’t stay current.
– Plenty of you are doing an adequate job managing your own marketing.
– But as a person in this industry, it takes no time to fall behind and lose effectiveness.
– You MUST, MUST, MUST stay current on changes to Google’s search engine algorithms as well as the most updated SEO practices and marketing strategies.
– This probably doesn’t apply to you since you are watching this, trying to stay up-to-date.
– But if you need to make sure you are current, you should get my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– You also can check out the products page on our website.
– Finally, number 6. Not marketing to current patients.
– Research shows that current customers are far less expensive to market to.
– You already have an established relationship, and they already trust you.
– This is a no-brainer, and how some dentists aren’t doing this is a no-brainer to me.
– Come back tomorrow when we start a two-day series on identifying which type of business owner you are.
– Until then, keep moving forward.