Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 814
Content marketing is providing useful, interesting information to readers and viewers – your current prospective dental patients. Done right, content marketing keeps you in front of patients, builds trust, and positions you as the only logical choice to solve their dental problems. I’ll be back after the break with 6 tips for great dental content marketing.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– Welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– Great content is a must to be found on organic search these days.
– But great content can work for you in other ways, too: by helping you attract more and better dental patients.
– IF you go about content marketing the right way.
– Here are 6 tips for great dental content marketing.
– Number 1: Take the long view.
– Content marketing is a strategy that pays off over time.
– You’re guiding prospective patients gently through your sales funnel, not rushing them.
– Number 2: Make your content great for your readers.
– Write to them, not at or over them.
– Make it interesting to them and easy to read and understand.
– Translate technical dental terms into everyday language.
– Space things out on the page, and add some visuals.
– Number 3: Go easy on sales pitches.
– The best content marketing shouldn’t strike your patients as marketing.
– Instead, they should view it as interesting and see you as an approachable expert.
– Remember, you’re attracting, not selling.
– Number 4: Be consistent with posting new content.
– You’re working to stay in front of your audience, and that takes new posts on a frequent basis.
– Number 5: Don’t force yourself to create.
– You’re a professional dentist, not a professional writer.
– Write when you have the time and the motivation.
– If that doesn’t happen often enough, consider hiring a professional writer.
– And number 6: Include a call to action in your content.
– That might be clicking to get a free white paper, to subscribe to an e-newsletter, or to get a money-off coupon.
– But make sure your reader views your call to action as a benefit to them rather than a sales pitch.
– Follow these 6 tips for great content marketing and you’ll attract more dental patients over time.
– If you’re not getting the new dental patients you want, check out my book “Attract More Patients in the Next 6 Months Than in the Past 6 Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.