Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 414
Does having a great dental website automatically translate to new patients? No. Unless by great you mean a website that focuses on converting prospects into new patients. I’ll tell you how when we return.
– Hi, Colin Receveur here.
– I’ve spent more than a week telling you about how to improve the content of your website.
– Remember, content includes written copy, video, images, reviews, testimonials and more.
– Content is key.
– It is what brings people to the site.
– It is what keeps people on the site.
– It is what convinces people that you are the dentist for them.
– But what convinces them to schedule an appointment?
– In short, what converts them from prospect to patient?
– A call-to-action, or CTA, motivates the prospect to do what you want.
– These are the lead generators that get prospects into your sales funnel.
– At SmartBox Web Marketing, we highlight a free report offer.
– Prospects give their name and email address.
– That kicks off an automate email marketing campaign.
– That leads to increased knowledge, increased trust, and an appointment.
– “Contact us” is another CTA.
– So is “Schedule an appointment.”
– Anything that gives the prospect directions to take an action is a CTA.
– But what makes a successful CTA?
– Here are 8 tips for putting the action in CTA:
- Use as few words as possible to explain what you want.
– Avoid confusion and save space.
– This follows the KISS principle.
- Make CTAs noticeable.
– This is the “call” part in call-to-action.
– If no one sees it, you’re not going to get much action.
- Make CTAs attractive.
– The CTA should be inviting, not just noticeable.
– Use color choices that stand out, but for the right reason.
- Target where you place your CTAs.
– Often, we offer a dental advertising lure, such as a free report, on the homepage of our clients’ site.
– This is frequently a general report that could appeal to many types of patients.
– But we also place reports on specific treatments on pages related to those treatments.
- Test, tweak, revise, and test some more.
– Try one CTA in different locations.
– Try multiple CTAs in the same location.
– Figure out what works and what doesn’t.
– Marketing is an art, not a science.
– The right answer is the one that works.
– Come back tomorrow and we will talk about how to implement CTAs.
– Until then, keep moving forward.