Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 456
As you can probably tell, I am a voracious reader about psychology, marketing, web trends, and sales. This is my business and my responsibility to not only stay current but ahead of the curve. Recently I came across a blog touting the benefits of Facebook advertising and how to do it. We’ll discuss how they affect dentists when we return.
– Hi, Colin here.
– I came across a blog explaining how to achieve better results with Facebook advertising.
– The tips in the blog are very good when it comes to marketing in general, and that is why I am going to share them with you.
– But I will refer you to yesterday’s podcast, where I laid out why I don’t think social media advertising, with rare exceptions, is very effective.
– So here are the 5 tips for more effective Facebook advertising, which I think can really apply to most types of marketing:
- Know your goals.
– Are you trying to get new into the top of your sales funnel with these ads?
– Are you trying to keep your name in front of dental prospects with whom you have had some contact?
– Or are you trying to expose existing dental patients to a new offer?
– The ads for each would be very different, so know what you want up front.
- Build campaigns in layers.
– Facebook sets up campaigns in three levels: campaigns, ad sets and ads.
– A campaign is like the broad idea, such as attracting patients looking for dental implants.
– Each ad set would have a budget and schedule for a set of ads.
– Different ad sets would run more or less frequently to various audiences.
– Ads, of course, are what the prospects see.
- Build a campaign for each goal.
– Facebook gives you customization options and analytics to target and track smaller goals.
- Decide the details of your campaigns.
– This includes dates to run and how much to spend on each one.
– You’ll also need to decide your audience targets.
– These are the make-or-break decisions of the campaign.
- Run your ads, analyze the results, run again, rinse, wash and repeat.
– Any kind of advertising is a cycle.
– Some ads will work right off the bat.
– Most have to be tweaked to maximize their effectiveness.
– So you manipulate the variables and see which ones help you accomplish your goals.
– All 5 of these tips can be used in a broader sense to maximize the effectiveness of any advertising campaign.
– As I said yesterday, we use Facebook ads to target existing prospects for our clients.
– But let me reiterate one final time:
– Your prospects are not on Facebook looking for a dentist.
– You might “stumble upon “ some people who are on Facebook who happen to need a dentist.
– But successful advertising requires three things: the right message to the right people at the right time.
– And while people are looking for pics of their grandkids or funny cat videos is NOT the right time.
– What do you think?
– Are you killing it marketing on Facebook?
– Has Facebook marketing let you down?
– Send me your comments at [email protected], or leave a comment if you are watching this on Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, or our website.
– To learn more about social media marketing, get my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.