Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 733
A presence on social media is a must for dentists these days. What does your online persona say about you? I’ll be right back to tell you how to accurately portray yourself online in a way that helps you attract more patients. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back. I’m Colin Receveur.
– People don’t look for a dentist on Facebook or Instagram.
– They look on your website.
– But social media marketing can play a big role in getting them to your website.
– That is, if they like you and trust you.
– That’s where your online persona comes in – the way you come across to patients.
– And that requires some thought and planning on your part.
– Here are 5 tips to creating an accurate online persona that will influence patients to visit your website.
– Tip 1: Take a self-inventory.
– What are your most likable traits, and your most unlikable?
– If you’re not sure, ask people you trust.
– You want to play to your strengths, so emphasize those in your social media.
– Tip 2: A little expertise goes a long way.
– People aren’t looking for technical explanations on social media.
– They want to learn about and relate to other people.
– Four-fifths of your posts, at least, should not be about equipment or procedures.
– Tip 3: Keep it social.
– When it comes to social media, ideas are good, but people are better.
– Share happy, fun events from your life and the lives of your staff.
– Pictures help build recognition and relationships.
– Keep your writing simple and upbeat.
– Tip 4: Keep it original.
– Your prospective patients want to learn about you and your staff.
– Your content must be original.
– Keep reblogs to a minimum, but you can put your spin on someone else’s post.
– And Tip 5: Open a conversation, and keep it going.
– Use good conversational skills: Ask people what they think.
– Respond as soon as you can to comments and questions.
– Be yourself, be social, and get people to like and trust you.
– Join us for tomorrow’s podcast on why being future-focused will raise your collections.
– Until then, keep moving forward.