Patient Attraction Episode 524: 5 More Tips for Dentists to Call BS on SEO Marketers
There is little worse than being taken advantage of. My dad is a dentist and I have a lot of good friends who are dentists. It makes me angry to see people take advantage of dentists by promising them a magic formula for search engine optimization when all the dentist ends up with is magic beans. So today I’m going to give you 5 more tips on calling BS when those guys show up. Stay tuned.
– Hi, Colin here, and yesterday I gave you 5 signs or signals to know if an SEO company is trying to hoodwink you.
– Today, I’m going to give you 5 more.
– Let’s get started.
- They guarantee you a page one or even high ranking on a search page.
– BS! No one can guarantee that.
– And don’t let them fool you buy guarantees or even saying they won’t get paid if you don’t rank high.
– They’ll get you high rankings, but it will be for terms that have little to do with attracting new patients.
- They send you reports with only rankings.
– BS! Reports should include organic traffic, time on site, etc.
– And don’t let them try to hide your Google analytics from you.
– It is YOUR site, after all.
- They talk to you in nothing but jargon.
– BS! W.C. Fields famously said, “If you can’t dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit.”
– Don’t let them baffle you.
– Make them explain terms and speak in plain English.
- They are hard to get ahold of.
– BS! You are paying them good money.
– You should have someone you can talk to when you have questions.
– So don’t let them avoid you and not return calls.
– And don’t let them dodge questions about their expertise or credentials.
- Finally, they say they have an “in” with Google.
– BS! Google hates all SEO firms because they are trying to manipulate Google’s results.
– Google doesn’t share its algorithm with anyone.
– Anyone who says they have “insider information” on how to job the system is trying to pull a fast one on you.
– One of the things I hear most frequently from dentists is that they have been burned by marketing companies before.
– An SEO company promised a high SERP position but they didn’t deliver.
– A company built them a new website but it didn’t bring new patients.
– A social media marketing company managed their Facebook and Twitter feeds for almost a year, but it didn’t bring them new patients.
– A PPC company managed their Google AdWords account, but it didn’t bring them new patients.
– I will remind you that none of these things alone will bring you new patients.
– That is why we use an industry-leading patient attraction SYSTEM to bring you more and better patients.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Thanks for joining me and I hope you’ll come back tomorrow.
– Until then, keep moving forward.