Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 756
The last few years have seen a sea change in search engine optimization rules. 2016 looks to continue these new trends and maybe add another. I’ll be back after the break to tell you what dentists need to do with their SEO this year.
– I’m Colin, and welcome to the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– If you’re still doing SEO like you did in 2014, you’re getting left behind.
– Here are 5 hot search engine optimization trends for 2016 that you need to know.
– Number 1: You have to be voice search compliant.
– Digital assistants like Siri, Cortana, Google Now, and even Amazon’s Alexa are being used more and more.
– You need long-tail keywords to help them find you during voice search.
– Number 2: Social content will increasingly help drive your search engine page results.
– It looks like the bots will be indexing social media more heavily and considering those pages in addition to your website page.
– So your SEO has to extend to those pages as well.
– Number 3: Local SEO will be crucial.
– Search has become much more local.
– 50 percent of smartphone searches are looking for local results.
– Do a search for dentist, and the top results will be dentists near you.
– Your location information should be accurate, included on all your pages, and indexable.
– Don’t put it in a JPEG or other graphic file.
– Include location-specific keywords.
– Number 4: Video will continue to rule.
– Marketing Land found that videos comprise 62 percent of all searches.
– And one study found that videos get 5,000 percent better organic search rankings compared to plain text pages.
– And number 5: You must be mobile-responsive.
– Mobile searches overtook desktop searches and are continuing to pull away.
– Your website must be optimized to display properly on all handheld devices.
– Follow these 5 SEO tips and have a prosperous 2016.
– Speaking of prosperous, if you want to see how Dr. Ronald Receveur has increased collections from $900K to more than $2 million in just five years without “selling,” you should go to www.doublecollectionswithoutselling.com.
– Join me for tomorrow’s podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.