Patient Attraction Episode 349
Welcome back to day two of how to maximize videos for search engine optimization. We covered the first four yesterday, and we’ll hit the final four today. Stay tuned.
– Welcome back.
– I’m Colin Receveur, CEO and founder of SmartBox Web Marketing.
– At SmartBox, we are huge proponents of dental video marketing.
– I know how effective it can be; our clients know how effective it is; and you are missing out if you are not using it.
– Normally I pitch it for the way it helps prospects connect with doctors.
– But yesterday and today, I’m telling you about the SEO benefits of using video.
– Let’s get back to our list.
- Host your videos on your domain.
– It’s fine for videos to reside on YouTube, but understand this: video is getting the SEO credit when someone watches your video there instead of on your site.
– Instead, you can build a video sitemap on a subdomain of your site.
– Your video sitemap should have links to each of the video pages.
– You also can add metadata here.
- Speaking of YouTube, use it to drive people to your website.
– Make sure in the text that goes with your video that you include a link back to your site.
– One way is to create preview videos and link to the full-length video back on your site.
– This counts as two pieces of content with different metadata.
– That’s more SEO opportunity.
- Let other people use your videos.
– Not competitors, of course.
– But if other organizations want to embed your video, let them.
– Then when people click through to your website, you get big SEO points.
- Finally, track, track, track.
– Make sure you are using your analytics to see which keywords are working, which links are driving web traffic, and which videos get the highest viewership.
– I hope this checklist helps you maximize your video SEO.
– If you’re ready to discover what my clients know that you don’t about attracting patients online, you should schedule a Patient Attraction Blueprint Session. They are free to serious dentists who want to see a patient attraction system that can double their practice. For more information, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com/blueprint.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.