Having trouble watching this video? Click here.
Patient Attraction Episode 1121
A lot of dentists still believe that all they need to get enough new patients is a great website. That was true at one time, but the online environment has moved on. These days, dentists also need a strong social media presence to stay competitive. Why? Because your competition is catching on to the fact that prospects use social media. But not all social media platforms are created equal. And not all those platforms are worth dentists’ time. After the break, I’ll tell you how to maximize your return on investment by focusing on just three social media sites. Stay tuned.
– Thanks for watching the Patient Attraction Podcast™.
– I’m Colin Receveur, founder and CEO of SmartBox.
– If you’re not social media savvy, it can be kind of bewildering.
– There are thousands of sites with odd names like Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Snapchat, and many, many others.
– With so many choices, how are you supposed to know which ones your dental prospects are on?
– Even if you’re on social media, it’s hard to know where to invest your time and attention.
– SmartBox’s research and experience shows that there are just 3 social media platforms worth the effort for dentists.
– Those 3 are Facebook, Google+, and LinkedIn.
– Let’s start with Facebook, the undisputed king of social media.
– Facebook claims to have over 2 billion users worldwide.
– There are 200 million users in the U.S.
– That’s nearly 2 out of 3 people in the country.
– The sheer number of people using Facebook is reason enough to focus on it.
– The odds are overwhelming that most of the prospects you want to attract have Facebook accounts.
– The demographics you want are on Facebook, too.
– Roughly 53 million users are between the ages of 25 and 34.
– 38 million are between 35 and 44.
– And 32 million are ages 45 to 54.
– More women than men are on Facebook, and women are usually the dentistry decision-makers in a household.
– Facebook has been limiting the organic reach of posts.
– Currently, it’s below 6 percent and headed downward.
– But paid Facebook ads offer a host of options for targeting the people you want to reach.
– If you were going to focus on only one social media platform, Facebook would be it.
– But dentists need to look at a wider audience.
– Over 90 percent of people today begin their search for a dentist online.
– Google is still the undisputed king of search with a three-fourths market share.
– And when people search for a dentist in your market, hopefully they’ll find your practice.
– Once they do, they’ll see your Google+ page.
– Your Google+ page is essentially a build-out of your Google My Business page.
– The sidebar that appears in a search can contain patient reviews about their experiences in your practice.
– And it serves as a source of additional information for prospects.
– Dentists want to carefully consider how they can best use Google+ and make it a vital link in their marketing efforts.
– The last vital social media platform for dentists is Twitter.
– With its current 280-character limit, Twitter is the easiest and fastest way to engage current patients and prospects online.
– The demographics of Twitter are in dentists’ favor.
– 37 percent of Twitter users are between ages 18 and 29, and one-quarter are 30 to 49 years old.
– Facebook, Google+, and Twitter are the 3 most profitable social media platforms for dental practices.
– However, maintaining a strong social media presence is something almost all dental practices struggle with.
– The whole purpose of social media is to create engagement between people, or people and companies.
– You and your staff are busy, and there’s no time for responding promptly to online comments and questions.
– SmartBox’s full-package dentists only need to handle the day-to-day posting on social media.
– SmartBox creates and auto-posts a vast amount of original, informative, and helpful content to keep the social media platforms relevant and boost their SEO.
– Every month, we add professionally written blogs, infographics, videos, quizzes, and more to our doctors’ Facebook and Google+ pages.
– Maintaining our doctors’ social media presence is part of our industry-leading Patient Attraction System™.
– Discover what our Patient Attraction System™ can do for your practice.
– Visit smartboxdentalmarketing.com and reserve your free Practice Discovery Session™.
– We’ll show you how we can double or even triple your practice.
– Join me for our next podcast.
– Until then, keep moving forward.