Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 623: 3 Secrets to Know When Considering Outsourcing SEO
You’ve heard that it takes a village to raise a child. Well, the same can be said about boosting your SEO and achieving great page ranks. I want to share with you what some of the BIGGEST SECRETS to improving your SEO when we return.
– Colin here, and welcome to another week of the Patient Attraction Podcast.
– With today being Cyber Monday, maybe you can treat yourself by buying some search engine optimization expertise.
– Let’s be very honest: The reason for investing in SEO is to make your dental practice thrive.
– You want to be the top dog in your market and attract every patient that fits your practice’s treatment philosophy.
– While much of what I talk about here on the podcast is for the benefit of the DIYer, I will remind you: my overall philosophy is that you should hire an expert to handle your marketing, including SEO.
– For those of you smart enough to follow that advice, here are a few tips to follow while you’re deciding who to trust with your search engine optimization:
– 1. Find a Diverse Team.
– This goes back to my village comment earlier.
– In this day and age, you need both great writing and technical support to establish a well-rounded SEO campaign.
– Every year, we hear that Google is focusing on quality content and that there is almost no way to game the system.
– Moreover, a recent Fortune Magazine article reported that technology companies are hiring more people with liberal arts degrees because of how valuable quality content is to your SEO.
– At our company, we have experts in both organic writing and keyword evaluation.
– 2. Track Leads and Traffic
– I touch on this theme a lot, but select an SEO campaign that will show you where and how your money is being spent.
– What I mean by that is tracking your campaigns to see the attraction and conversion rates.
– Know how much are you paying in SEO for a new patient.
– Look at what campaigns are yielding the best results.
– Our company has people devoted to exclusively looking at this information.
– 3. Develop Content for An Actual Audience.
– When SEO outsourcing first began in 2010, waves of companies were hiring SEO “experts” to build links and stuff webpages with keywords.
– It wasn’t long until Google caught on to this racket and began dinging sites that stuffed keywords and built spammy links.
– Today, the safest way to create great marketing content is to write for an actual audience instead of search engines using words and phrases people are really using when they search.
– Google and search engines are looking for content that is interesting, on topic, engaging and informational for your intended audience.
– My clients accomplish this with great onsite content, press releases, and blogs that feature recent news events or statistics.
– A good practice is to distribute your blogs and various content in the hopes a site will link back to your site.
– This gives you more domain authority while improving your overall page ranking.
– Until then, keep moving forward.