Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 512
I’ve been telling my clients for years about the importance of having a mobile-friendly dental website. Today, I’m going to give you a list of reasons from the computer whizzes at Cisco that confirms what I’ve been saying. Stay tuned.
– I’m going to try not to hurt myself patting my own back today.
– But Cisco, the networking titan of Silicon Valley, came out with a white paper earlier this year reviewing the use of mobile data in 2014 and forecasting its use through 2019.
– So today, I’m going to give you 15 statistics and forecasts that will show you how mobile our data usage is and will continue to be.
– Maybe we’ll break down some of these stats in future podcast, or you can send me your own interpretations of this data.
– Let’s get started.
- Global mobile data traffic grew 69 percent in 2014.
- Mobile video traffic exceeded 50 percent of total mobile data traffic for the first time in 2012.
- Mobile video traffic exceeded 50 percent of total mobile data traffic by the end of 2012 and grew to 55 percent by the end of 2014.
- Almost half a billion (497 million) mobile devices and connections were added in 2014.
- Globally, smart devices represented 26 percent of the total mobile devices and connections in 2014; they accounted for 88 percent of the mobile data traffic.
- In 2014, a fourth-generation (4G) connection generated 10 times more traffic on average than a non‑4G connection.
- Average smartphone usage grew 45 percent in 2014.
- There were 189 million laptops on the mobile network in 2014, and each laptop generated 3.2 times more traffic than the average smartphone.
- The number of mobile-connected devices exceeded the world’s population in 2014.
- Because of increased usage on smartphones, smartphones will reach three-quarters of mobile data traffic by 2019.
- Global mobile data traffic will increase nearly tenfold between 2014 and 2019.
- By 2019 there will be nearly 1.5 mobile devices per capita
- By 2019, more than half of all devices connected to the mobile network will be “smart” devices.
- Nearly three-fourths of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2019.
- The average smartphone will generate 4.0 GB of traffic per month by 2019, a fivefold increase over the 2014 average of 819 MB per month.
– To learn more about mobile-friendly websites, get a free copy of my book “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com while supplies last.
– Until then, keep moving forward.