Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 281
Hello everyone, Colin Receveur here, and today and tomorrow I want to share some research with you about how successful people stay calm. Stay tuned.
– Today I want to talk to you about stress.
– Research shows that we NEED stress to reach peak performance.
– In short, stress is good for our performance so long as it is not too severe and doesn’t go on too long.
– Research also shows that stress that goes on too long decreases your cognitive abilities.
– So those people who are able to control their stress levels are most likely to work at their peak performance.
– I came across a list from a cognitive researcher with the top 10 traits of successful people in dealing with stress.
– We’ll look at the first five today and the second five tomorrow.
1. They appreciate what they have.
– Thinking about what you’re grateful for reduces cortisol output by 23 percent.
2. They avoid asking “What If?”
– Any situation can have innumerable possible outcomes.
– Any time you spend thinking about the ones you didn’t choose is time you aren’t spending dealing with the issues at hand.
3. They stay positive.
– This is a conscious choice.
– You have to decide to point your mind toward something positive rather than dwell on negatives.
4. They disconnect.
– I told you about this about three weeks ago.
– Your brain needs time to stop working on immediate problems to have time to deal with long-term creativity problems.
– Finally, number 5, they limit their caffeine intake.
– Drinking caffeine releases adrenaline, which puts your body AND mind into a hyperaroused state.
– As long as that caffeine is pumping through your system, your stress level is higher.
– So how many of these traits apply to you?
– Which ones could you incorporate better into your life?
– Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you the final 5 traits of successful people who stay calm.
– Until then, keep moving forward.