Patient Attraction Episode 282
Welcome back to our look at ways successful people stay calm. We’ll look at numbers 6-10 when we return. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here on Thursday, December 18.
– We are talking about the importance of stress and how successful people deal with it.
– Yesterday I told you about research that shows how stress of limited time and frequency, actually HELPS us reach peak performance.
– We also looked at 5 traits of successful people on staying calm.
– So let’s get started on the rest of our list.
6. They sleep.
– Self-control, attention and memory all suffer when you don’t get enough sleep.
– Lack of sleep also raises cortisol levels.
7. They squash negative self-talk.
– Write down your negative thoughts and compare them to the facts.
– More likely than not, your thoughts are exaggerated.
8. They reframe their perspective.
– You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how your respond to them.
– Put whatever is causing you stress in perspective.
9. They breathe.
– Focus on your breathing to put yourself in the moment.
10. Finally, they use their support system.
– Ask for help when you need it.
– That may be asking someone to take some of your responsibilities.
– It also may be just asking someone to listen to your concerns.
– I hope these tips have been helpful.
– We all want to think we handle stress well.
– Compare yourself to these 10 traits and see how many of them apply to you.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll look at the other side of this equation: chronically unhappy people.
– Until then, keep moving forward.