Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 282
Welcome back to our look at ways successful people stay calm. We’ll look at numbers 6-10 when we return. Stay tuned.
– Colin Receveur here on Thursday, December 18.
– We are talking about the importance of stress and how successful people deal with it.
– Yesterday I told you about research that shows how stress of limited time and frequency, actually HELPS us reach peak performance.
– We also looked at 5 traits of successful people on staying calm.
– So let’s get started on the rest of our list.
6. They sleep.
– Self-control, attention and memory all suffer when you don’t get enough sleep.
– Lack of sleep also raises cortisol levels.
7. They squash negative self-talk.
– Write down your negative thoughts and compare them to the facts.
– More likely than not, your thoughts are exaggerated.
8. They reframe their perspective.
– You can’t control everything that happens to you, but you can control how your respond to them.
– Put whatever is causing you stress in perspective.
9. They breathe.
– Focus on your breathing to put yourself in the moment.
10. Finally, they use their support system.
– Ask for help when you need it.
– That may be asking someone to take some of your responsibilities.
– It also may be just asking someone to listen to your concerns.
– I hope these tips have been helpful.
– We all want to think we handle stress well.
– Compare yourself to these 10 traits and see how many of them apply to you.
– Come back tomorrow and we’ll look at the other side of this equation: chronically unhappy people.
– Until then, keep moving forward.