Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 464
If you’ve watched the Patient Attraction Podcast for long, you know that I am a big fan of and believer in Dr. Robert Cialdini. Dr. Cialdini wrote a book called Persuasion, and I have written numerous podcasts about persuasion and Dr. Cialdini’s weapons of influence. I’m going to talk again about one very powerful one when we return.
– Hi, Colin here and welcome to day 3 of our weeklong look at ways dentists can grow their practice through web marketing.
– On day 1, we covered reevaluating where you put your marketing dollars and evaluating the ROI on what you spend.
– Yesterday, day 2, I talked about making yourself findable online so you can stop chasing patients and start attracting them.
– I also talked about capturing prospect’s contact information and staying in front of them until they schedule an appointment.
– Today, I want to talk about creating social proof.
– Social proof means that your prospects are looking for confirmation from others like themselves that they should use you as their dentist.
– There are two great ways to do this: patient testimonials and online reviews.
– The most effective patient testimonials are video testimonials.
– People love video.
– One mobile commerce group estimates that 2/3 of the world’s mobile data traffic will be video by 2017.
– Nationally, website visitors are 64 percent more likely to buy a product on an online retail site after watching a video.
– The reason is because video can provide more information than just the words that are spoken.
– Research has shown than 93 percent of communication is nonverbal, with 55 percent being body language and 38 percent tone of voice.
– Another way to establish social proof is through online reviews.
– Patients going online and saying good things about you is the new word-of-mouth advertising.
– According to research, 44 percent of customers based their choice of what businesses to go to on text reviews.
– Quantity of reviews was another 17 percent.
– And 93 percent of people who conduct research on review sites typically make a purchase at the businesses they look up.
– So encourage your clients to get out there and post positive reviews on Google+, Yelp, Facebook, and wherever else they can.
– Second for today, find others who are successfully marketing their practice and do what they are doing.
– There is a saying that “There is nothing new under the sun.”
– That means you probably see other dentists who are killing it with their marketing.
– What are they doing?
– Are they spending a ton on PPC ads?
– Do they have a great website?
– Are their videos awesome?
– You can replicate what is successful for others without copying it exactly.
– If you’d like me to evaluate your website and tell you how it can be improved, go to smartboxdentalmarketing.com, go to the Learn tab, click Products, and then click on The Swift Kick Dental Website Review about halfway down the page. You can order a customized 30-minute video critique of your site, social media presence, online patient reviews, dental videos and more using our 131-point dental web marketing checklist.
– Tomorrow, we’ll look at specific ways to keep your prospects’ attention.
– Until then, keep moving forward.