Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Patient Attraction Episode 351
Welcome to day two of our five-day look at redesigning your dental website. Today we are going to look at the importance of SEO in redesigning your website. Stay tuned.
– If you watched yesterday’s podcast, you might be saying, “Didn’t you say build the site for real people, and the rest will work itself out?”
– Yes, that is what I said.
– But to ignore search engine optimization would simply be foolish.
– In fact, that is where we will start with the next item in our list.
- Keep SEO in mind from the very beginning.
– Sure, having an attractive website is important.
– It sets the right impression.
– It keeps people on the site.
– But to GET prospects to come to the site, you have to incorporate SEO.
– That means integrating keywords in the HTML and in the copy.
– Start integrating SEO from the start.
– It takes more time to integrate SEO later.
- Use keywords wisely.
– Remember, you can’t just stuff keywords all over your website.
– Google not only won’t reward you for this, it could penalize you!
– But if you are including what interests your patients and prospects, you naturally will be using some of the phrases they are using as search terms.
– Here’s the rule we use for our clients:
– Each page on your website should have a single topic.
– That page can have 2-3 closely related keywords.
– Any more than that and Google isn’t sure what the page is about.
– Therefore it can’t give authority to the page.
– Once you have your site developed, use SEO analytics tools to evaluate if you have done a good job.
– We’ll stop there for today.
– If you want to know even more about SEO on your website, check out my book, “Attract More Patients in the Next Six Months Than in the Last Six Years.” The book is the culmination of all my marketing expertise, and it can be yours for only the $4.97 cost of shipping at www.MoreAndBetterPatients.com.
– Until tomorrow, keep moving forward.