The Graphic Designer/Artist serves as the driving force in delivering high impact, lead generating Marketing material for SmartBox and our clients. This role is a direct liaison between Creative, Client, Marketing and Development
- An ability to bring together current technical expertise, stunning visuals and inspiring expression
- Experience in collaborating with web developers, marketing and client management while keeping an eye on aesthetics and ideas of website design
- Ability to translate thought process and experiences and have the ability to present the case for how and why to execute an idea.
- A stunning portfolio that highlights current website design trends and great visual insight
- Experience with content marketing and the creative process, as well as “selling” your ideas to team members and clients
- An intimate understanding of design, content, and web best practices
- Experience with a variety of software including Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Excellent communication skills
- An understanding of the psychology of the decision-making process as it relates to design
- The ability to match style to the spirit/intent of the client and target audience
Some things that you possess:
- You’re a strategic thinker – You can move strategy forward, supporting business objectives and can create tactics that support these strategies.
- You embrace change – We are an ever evolving organization in a fluid marketing world and change is not something that makes you uncomfortable. Our industry is constantly changing, ever growing and it’s never standing still. This drives you and excites you.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Code Knowledge
- HTML (read)
- CSS (read and edit)
Skills (Nice to Have)
- Web Design Best Practices
- Responsive Design
- Understanding of themes, frameworks, template parts
- Knowledge of Code Editor (Dreamweaver, Brackets, etc..)
Education and experience:
- 2+ years of agency experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Flexibility in adapting to unique situations and projects, both independently and as part of a larger team
- Able to successfully manage a variety of web projects through the creative life-cycle
- Management and organization of multiple concurrent projects, each with individual designs and needs
- An overall positive attitude and confidence