Is your marketing helping, hurting, or making no difference?
Take our quiz and find out!
Location: New Albany, IN
At SmartBox, the Director of SEO is central to our business development and the growth of our clients. The Director of Search Engine Optimization will provide thought leadership and guidance for the discipline of SEO with a desire for technical and operational excellence. The ideal candidate will have hands on experience in the implementation of SEO strategies, technical best practices, processes, analytics, and a clear history of exceeding traffic and revenue goals. This individual will partner with cross functional teams and partners for the execution of search engine optimization (SEO), as well as contributing to new product offerings and innovation within the SEO landscape.
What You Will Be Doing
- Lead technical team to drive a cohesive SEO strategy across all client programs.
- Manage successful implementation and execution of SEO priorities.
- Research performance and analytics data, and develop key insights for regular business reviews and leadership updates.
- Partner with SEM team to support optimized spend goals and traffic plans.
- Conduct periodic site audits and competitive analysis to discover new SEO opportunities.
- Contribute to the development of new product offerings and practice innovations.
- Manage new and existing agency and third party partnerships that contribute to SEO success.
- Develop close working relationships with cross-functional departments.
- Stays up-to-date on current trends in the marketplace.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Directly supervises employees.
- Additional projects and duties as required.
- Contribute thought leadership, content and services provided on all our websites and microsite properties, including optimization for multi-platform design, landing page optimization and overseeing A/B testing. Keen knowledge of mobile a must.
- Develop and provide tracking solutions for website and SEO initiatives; provide website analysis insights and testing results
- Take ownership for the company’s websites and building out its services , fully understanding all objectives and metrics, proactively recommending areas of improvement and maintaining all functional performance. Responsible for quality and testing of pages prior to going live.
- Stay current on software and hardware opportunities that can improve functionality and conversion of website. Stay attuned to changing demands of major search engines and adapt quickly.
- Act as a liaison between marketing and IT when necessary.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree
- 6 + years of experience managing one or more websites
- Website feature development
- A/B and multi-variable testing
- SEO & SEM (preferred)
- Applying new technologies
- Digital Advertising
- Reading code and managing CMS (WordPress)>
- Must have flexible, can-do attitude and a willingness to help develop structure and process
- Must be comfortable managing multiple projects simultaneously in a complex and fast-paced business environment
- Great team skills, organizational skills and attention to detail a must
- Google certifications, Infusionsoft experience a plus
What’s In It For You:
- 401k match + profit sharing
- Unlimited vacation (1st year)
- Flexible work schedule
- Competitive benefits package